1. Some parents prefer to help their kids to solve the problems and troubles they meet, while some parents prefer to let their children deal with difficulties by themselves. Which one do you think is more reasonable and why?
2. Some people think that libraries should be quiet because of study while others think that people could do some social activities and interactions there. Which do you think is better?
3. When meeting problems is your daily life, would you like to solve it in a serious way or in a humorous way? Give your explanations in your response.
4. Many people think that students study course materials more effectively by taking exams, while others think that students learn more effective through doing other activities such as writing paper or completing projects. Which do you think is more effective for students to learn?
5. Some people prefer to give their opinions immediately. Others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinions before giving their own. Which one do you think is better?
6. Do you agree or disagree that students should be given one-year-long holiday before entering universities?
7. Do you agree or disagree with this statement that we should help our friends only when they ask for help.
8. Some people believe that we should not discuss about the private activities of the popular people like movie stars and singers. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
9. All people should be required to stop working and retire by age 65. Do you agree or disagree?
10. If you are to choose between 2 apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper. Which one do you prefer and why?